863.285.1119 Operations Center
521 4th St. NW, Fort Meade, FL. 33841
The Streets Department repairs and maintains City-owned streets and sidewalks.
The Stormwater department is responsible for maintenance and construction of City drainage systems, street sweeping and the stormwater collection system.
To ensure a safe and clean environment for citizens while providing quality maintenance and repair of City infrastructure including streets, right-of-ways, sidewalks and stormwater management facilities.
The Streets and Stormwater Department provides services for:
- 48 miles of paved streets for passage of automobiles
- 2 miles of un-paved streets
- 11 miles of sidewalks to meet the needs of pedestrians
- 328 informational signs to guide you in the City
- 102 speed limit signs for traffic regulations
- 684 street signs for directional purposes
- 452 stop signs/1566 total signs
- 4 stormwater service ponds
- 200 catch basins to grab debris
- 60 culverts to divert run-off of the stormwater system
- 48 miles of street to street sweep within city limits
- 20 storm water outfalls
- 5 miles of stormwater ditches to filter debris and sediment
- 10 miles of stormwater pipe for continuous flow of stormwater