863.285.1162 20 Langford St.
firstname.lastname@example.org Fort Meade, FL. 33841
Apply for Permits
- Building inspections
- Commercial safety inspections
- Minimal housing inspections
- Issuing building permits
- Commercial building plans review
- Residential plans review
Do I Need A Permit?
A building permit is required if you plan to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure. Florida Statue Chapter 489 requires licensed contractors to obtain permits and do the permit work, with a very few exceptions for single family and duplex owner occupied structures. A building permit is also required if you plan to install, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system, provided the installation is regulated by the Florida Building Code. You will not need a permit for painting, erecting wallpaper, installing tile/carpeting, replacing kitchen/ bathroom cabinets.
Below find examples of work that requires a permit:
- Construction that changes the size or occupancy of the building.
- Construction, alteration, or replacement of any exterior or interior load bearing or non-load bearing wall.
- Any building framing work.
- Enclosing of any space including existing carports, porches and screened in rooms.
- Construction of any deck (whether attached or detached and with or without a roof).
- Replacement of columns, beams, joists, rafters or any other structural component.
- Repair of wall, floor or roof sheathing.
- Repair and/or replacement of any stairs and/or guardrails.
- Replacement, alteration, addition to or deletion from any electrical, plumbing (including fixture relocation) or air-conditioning system. (This applies to work inside or outside of the building on the property).
- Replacement of window, doors, garage doors or skylights in existing or altered wall openings.
- Installation of all types of hurricane shutters.
- Installation or replacement of any roofing component.
- Installation and replacement of all fence types.
- Fire repairs of any type or scope.
- Installation or storage or utility sheds.
- Installation, repair and replacement of motorized or electric gates.
- Installation or replacement of siding, soffits and fascia.
- Installation of swimming pools and spas.
- Demolition of a structure or sign.
- Site work.
- All permanent sign types, including awnings.
- Commercial type awnings and canopies.
- Sidewalks, driveways and patios.
- Grease traps and septic tanks.
- Kitchen exhaust hoods.
- Fire sprinklers.
Polk County BoCC
Polk County Property Appraiser
Polk County Tax Collector