Public Facilities Department
Parks - The City owns 8 parks and several pocket parks in the community for the enjoyment of all. There are over 176 acres of open space. The City owns and maintains 2 cemeteries, Evergreen and Morrison.
Streets - The duties of the Streets Department are to maintain City roads and right-of-ways, maintain and upkeep sidewalks along right-of-ways, and perform replacements of any street or traffic signs throughout the City.
Stormwater – The duties of the Stormwater Department are to maintain and control the stormwater system in the City, and to maintain roadway ditches, stormwater catch basins, ponds, and outfalls.
2013 Stormwater Rate Study
Roc Eiland, Director
Phone: 863.285.1119, option #7
Mike Bolin, Streets/Stormwater Superintendant
Phone: 863.285.1119, option #3
521 NW Fourth Street
Hours of Operation
To ensure a safe and clean environment for citizens while providing quality maintenance and repair of City infrastructure including streets, right-of-ways, sidewalks and stormwater management facilities.
Services Provided/Programs Offered
The Streets and Stromwater Department provides services for:
- 48 miles of paved streets for passage of automobiles
- 2 miles of un-paved streets
- 11 miles of sidewalks to meet the needs of pedestrians
- 328 informational signs to guide you in the City
- 102 speed limit signs for traffic regulations
- 684 street signs for directional purposes
- 452 stop signs/1566 total signs
- 4 stormwater service ponds
- 200 catch basins to grab debris
- 60 culverts to divert run-off of the stormwater system
- 48 miles of street to street sweep within city limits
- 20 storm water outfalls
- 5 miles of stormwater ditches to filter debris and sediment
- 10 miles of stormwater pipe for continuous flow of stormwater