Fort Meade Public Library
75 East Broadway Street,
Fort Meade, FL 33841
Phone: 863 285- 8287
Fax: 863 285 8093
About Fort Meade Public Library
The Mission of the Fort Meade Public Library is to provide valued services, resources, and lifelong learning opportunities through books and a variety of other formats. The Fort Meade Public Library will try to meet the informational, educational, cultural, and recreational needs of our diverse and changing population.
The Library is a forum for all points of view and adheres to the principles of intellectual freedom as expressed in the Library Bill of Rights formulated by the American Library Association.
The Fort Meade Public Library vision is to provide well-equipped and functional physical spaces where patrons can pursue independent learning and discovery. We believe that the Library can serve as a fundamental space with resources which will help empower its citizens to take charge of their lives, their government and communities through its programs and services.
Hours of Operation
Storytime - Thursday at 10:00 a.m.
2016-17 Theme: Dream Big
Celebrating Dreamers throughout History
Thursday @ 5:00
16 - Women's History featuring - Debbie Howell, Barbara Manley, Maurice Nelson
30 - Women's History Speakers - Marcella Nelson and Alberta Sparks
Come hear community members speak on various topics
Adults Book Club
Meets every second Monday each month at 6:00
March and April's Titles - Counting by 7's and Small, Great, Things and Commonwealth - Next Meeting is April 17
Middle and High School Tutoring
Wednesday & Thursday @ 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sign up with director
Classes available -Basics- Excel-Word-Publisher-
How to navigate email
Senior Classes at 10:00 on Wednesdays
Middle School Lego Minestorm
Beginning June 6
Youth Book Tasting Club (YBTC)
Third Mondays at 3:00
Bring a hearty appetite for a good book!
Movie of the Month and Book Checkout
Starts at 2:00 pm
Every Early Release Day
March - Finding Nemo
April - Earth Month - The Lorax
sponsored by Library Advisory Council
First Saturday in December
Areas in the Library
- All new patrons who apply for a library card must have been a resident at their present
- address for at least one month and fill out an application inside the library. Must present two forms of identification with current address unless address is correct on driver’s license.
- Juveniles must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Out of county residents will have a new card fee of $50 per card/family
- New patrons - New library members of 30 days or less will be limited to 2 items checked out at a time.
- Patrons may checkout as many books as they would like, but can only checkout up to 6 DVDs at a time.
- If a patron is a poor borrower, the limit of 2 books can be extended beyond 6 months.
- You must have library card with you to check out materials
- Books are checked out for 2 weeks or 14 days
- Reference materials and current magazines may not be checked out.
- Books may be renewed twice. There are no renewals on our DVDs, books that have “holds”, new books, or materials with restricted checkout times
- Books - There will be a 10 cents per day fine on each overdue item from our Library.
- If a patron owes a fine of $10.00 or greater, the patron’s account will be blocked from checking out any new material until the fine is under $10.00.
- Interlibrary Loan - .25 per day.
- Address change - .50 unless library is notified
- If patron needs a replacement for a lost card the fee is $1.00
Photocopies b/w .15 single side and .30 front & back
- Photocopies color - .25
- Printer copies - .15 per page
- Faxing - $2.00 for the first page and 20 cents for local and 30 cents for long distance (each additional pages).